Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fresh sauce with Country style spare ribs and sausage

I had bought some country style spare ribs and a link of sausage and was going to get all creative but then we were invited on a trip for 5 days( and I seldom freeze meat).so instead of getting all creative I decided to make a small pot of  red sauce. Pork sweetens the sauce and that is why I add some bits of pork to my regular sauce when I make it..It could be a pork chop or two, a piece of pork butt..Meat makes the sauce so don't hesitate to add some pork when you make sauce. This time it is basically pork and sausage..and there is nothing like a piece of pork in your sauce, tender juicy and so good....I'll sure this sauce will add to some tasty little pasta dish later...or pick up a loaf of Italian bread and you have a meal...so good! 

1 lb. pork country style spare ribs (has more meat than regular spare ribs and less bone to worry about)
1/2 lb. link sweet Italian sausage
1- 6 oz. can tomato paste(3cans water)
1-28 oz. can tomato puree
2 cloves minced garlic
2 or 3 fresh basil leaves (1 tsp. dried)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup olive oil

Saute pork and sausage in olive oil..Add garlic..simmer slowly..add tomato paste and water..Simmer..When it shows signs of a light bubble add tomato puree, basil, salt and pepper..Cook slowly until meat is tender..Approx. 2 hours.






Post a Comment