Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Ping pang shrimp


This is a copykat recipe that I adapted to my liking.  I love shrimp and although this recipe can be made with cubed chicken I went for it with the shrimp.

I didn't know what to expect but just reading the ingredients I thought it would be something we'd enjoy.  A bit spicy but also a touch of sweet was the flavor. An Asian flair definitely.  I used frozen shrimp that I had thawed in the refrigerator overnight.

A Big Plus was the shrimp were on sale so it worked adding a good size shrimp for less cost and it wasn't time consuming either which we all like.

A Super Delicious meal is what we all said  was yummy and I will make it again 100%!

Enjoy!




Our grandson(middle one) has a great appetite and when I want to try a new recipe he is one that is willing to try it.

As a bonus I made some fresh biscuits and luckily I had frozen some fresh and sliced strawberries so dessert was done in a flash.  Nothing like fresh baking powder biscuits to add the right touch to a dessert so easy to make that it has always been a favorite in our house.









Ping pang Shrimp Pasta!

1 lb. pasta cooked according to directions
1 1/2 lb medium cooked shrimp peeled and deveined(I used frozen that I had thawed overnight)
1 1/2 T olive oil
2 T butter
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tsp. paprika
1 T dried parsley
sprinkle of black pepper

Sauce( I make it before and refrigerate it taking it out about an hour before using it)

1/2 cup mayonnaise(I used Hellman's)
1/2 cup Thai Chili Style sauce(Asian section of market)
2 cloves minced garlic
2 T lime juice
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp. onion powder



Stir gently to coat all shrimp.


Directions:
In a large bowl whisk together sauce ingredients. Set aside

Cook pasta a dente, drain and cover to keep warm

Meanwhile place thawed shrimp( I pat the shrimp with paper towel to remove as much moisture as I can) in a medium bowl and season with paprika, garlic and pepper. Toss to coat well.

In a large skillet on low place olive oil and butter  until butter melts , add the seasoned shrimp. Stir until shrimp is warm.  Do not overcook. Set aside.

In a large serving bowl place drained pasta.  Add sauce and toss to coat all pasta.  Add shrimp and serve.  This meal is served room temperature.  A very delicious meal that I think you will give a thumbs up to.  We had a basic salad with this meal.

Olives are most times in our salad...

or and this was dessert..............Yummy!
My boys favorite dessert.
original 10/27/16




No comments: