Monday, May 2, 2016

One, two, three Coconut Cream Pie

What do I do when I feel a little better?  I bake and cook.

Today I made meatballs and a pie.

 I am Freezing the meatballs for another time and because I wanted something sweet but easy to make I made a coconut cream as easy as one two three pie. 

Both were a breeze for me to make and I like having my own homemade meatballs handy to grab for sauces and soups.

The pie was a second thought. The other day at the grocery store I decided to pick up a graham cracker pie shell. I had  nothing in mind to make but today it hit me that I had all the ingredients to make a quick pie and also that my milk was about to expire tomorrow.  I try really hard not to waste so that's how this easy as one two three coconut cream pie came to be.

Quite honestly I try most times to make my own custard or pudding from scratch.  It really is the best but sometimes you have to go for easy and quick and this was the solution.  Enjoy!  Make a pie!!! 

I + cup coconut (oven toasted)Use a little more if you like coconut
2 pkgs. vanilla instant pudding 
3 cups whole milk 
1 - 8 oz Cool whip topping thawed
1 large graham cracker pie shell
Refrigerate several hours 

Toast coconut in oven carefully watching it as not to burn. (I've done that before so that's why I warning you)  Set it aside to cool.

Whisk together vanilla pudding with milk, add cool whip and toasted coconut making sure to blend pudding and cool whip.   Fill crust and top with extra toasted coconut.

Yummy! My first slice!  There was NO NEED for a garish of cream.



Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,




No comments: