Monday, May 2, 2016

Italian Meatloaf! Tonight's easy meal :)


 Today I am trying to be very good in my food choices again.  I know I tend to repeat myself in that area. lol.  In a effort to take off a few pounds I am trying very hard to cut back on carbohydrates.  They are my weakness!!! I am going to cut back and but not eliminate them. Makes sense to me, hopefully you too!

I added some fresh strawberries to our salad for a summer flair.


Happy Cooking!

Italian Meatloaf!

1 lb. + beef, pork, veal or meatloaf mix** (this time I used more veal and pork and a little beef)
1/2 cup Progresso Garlic and herb breadcrumbs(love them)
*note other breadcrumbs can be substituted
1 tsp. salt
pinch pepper
1 large clove garlic minced
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup good quality Italian cheese grated
2 T olive or canola oil
1/4 cup marinara sauce for topping
 
The night before why not prepare mix and wrap to be prepared for your next day lunch or dinner.


Fork in center told me my meatloaf was cooked properly.  Juices were clear.


Mix using your hands above mixture adding water as you mix to incorporate ingredients. I suggested 1/4 cup but depending on your meat you may not need as much or maybe a bit more.  Judge by how easily the ball forms.  You do not want it to be dry .  Form into a ball or loaf size.  Place in a slightly greased (canola or olive oil) baking dish and bake 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour or more.  Test center with fork to see if juices are clear. I did not cover my meatloaf and I used a convection oven so ovens vary.  My meatloaf was slightly over 1 lb.


About 15 minutes before serving meatloaf I topped the meatloaf with marinara sauce.  **Ketchup can be used as a substitute.

Serve with a tossed salad or seasonal vegetable.



8/5/13


No comments: