Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Broccoli, apple and cranberry salad

I love salads.  Any kind.....but the best ones I feel are those that are loaded with veggies. At two large bunches for $5.00 I couldn't resist buying a bunch of broccoli and a head of cauliflower.  Perfect as a side.....or more.  LOL I love this salad. YUMMY!

My perfect salad is one that has less lettuce and more of the very good veggies. This is definitely one of my favorites.

Using more yogurt than mayonnaise cuts some of the fat from this recipe but doesn't cut the flavor.  Delicious and filling served alone or along with a turkey sandwich might be my perfect lunch.  Sensible eating in moderation.

1 large bunch broccoli, cut and separated into florets
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup thinly diced red onion
2 apples diced...I used Honey crisp but they were expensive so buy a reasonable crisp apple 
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts(optional)




Salad Dressing:

1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
2 T lemon juice
1/2 tsp. sugar
pinch salt and pepper


  1. In a large bowl combine broccoli, carrots, red onion, apples, pecans, and dried cranberries.  Set aside. 
  2.  ****To make the dressing: Whisk together mayonnaise, greek yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
  3. Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat. Note: I tossed the salad with my hands to get the salad dressing to coat the veggies well.  Chill until ready to serve.








1/24/16 

5/4/16


No comments: