Thursday, February 4, 2016

"Surprise" Cake! Delicant and Delicious!

"Surprise: him or her with this delicious creamed topped cake and they'll think you spent the day baking or even maybe even think you had bought it at a bakery.

This recipe is one that I have made in many variations. It's my original recipe and I just change the topping and add in's to my mood of the day.  All it requires is a bit of imagination and we all have that I am sure. Follow the below instructions and it will definitely be a hit!!! xo

  As in my original post of this cake, you must start with one 9" round cake.

Note:  I always have one in the freezer for a just in case quick dessert.  You may either use a box mix or a scratch cake.  Today mine is from scratch (one in the freezer). It's a strawberry banana cake.  You can use any cake flavor  that you like.

Note:  You can make this easy recipe in a 13 x9 inch pan and top with topping too! but it looks really pretty when you make it in a round cake and quite honestly I think it looks as though it was done by a professional. 





There are several steps(really easy ones) to make this or any cake you want your cake to be.

1st.  baked 9" inch round cake (box or scratch)  Mix will make two (freeze one for another time)

2nd. topping of sort (hot fudge, strawberry jam, sliced fruit)

3rd. any instant pudding, 1 1/4 cup milk and 1/3 cup softened cream cheese, and 1/2 container cool whip(Whisk together until thickened slightly)

 4th remainder of cool whip

Top with any or all of these add-ons. 

1/4 cup toasted coconut, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or anything you may like.
Garnish with a drizzle of warmed slightly (microwave) any jam. I use a small spoon to drizzle

Note:  I have used a Box Mix and it has worked fine.  Quick dessert and it is so yummy!


Warm jam slightly to easily spread on cake


5/5/12
9/17/13 updated 2/13/14

2 comments:

Balvinder said...

Ooh! I love this warm jam.

M. J. Vitelli said...

Yes you can easily use all blueberries to make this cobbler. Let me know how it turns out. I bet yummy!