Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Just Peachy Pound Cake


I totally forgot to post this recipe.  So sorry!!!:( I hope you weren't waiting too long for it.  Time and things caught me off guard.  Like being out side and going shopping and hitting the movies.  Just trying to get the most out of summer before I have to pull all the flowers and clean up the yard for pumpkins and pumpkin pies and cookies.  Actually that sounds like fun!

Ok My review on this pound cake is that it was amazing! It was dense.  I love dense cake.  A cake with substance, firm and sweetened to the tee. Fresh peaches, creamy butter and yes yogurt too.  I had my first slice (chunk) for breakfast with coffee and intend on having some until it is gone.   YUM!



First I LOVE pound cakes.  They can be used for breakfast as well as an lunch or evening dessert.  Add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream and quite actually it really makes it delightful.


1 cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
6 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
3 cups peeled & diced peaches (about 6-8 peaches)



Preheat oven to 350
Spray a 10" bundt pan with nonstick spray, set aside
Cream together butter and sugars.
Add eggs to butter, one at a time, mixing in completely after each egg
Add in vanilla, mixing until just incorporated

In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt
Alternate adding in flour mixture and yogurt until all is combined
Gently stir in peaches, making sure to not over mix
Pour/scoop (mixture will be thick) batter into prepared pan
Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until top is browned and a toothpick comes to clean when inserted into center

Let cool on a cooling rack for 20-30 minutes before flipping out of pan

Serve warm with ice cream,whipped cream or slice and serve on a party platter or you can do as I did and slice a nice chunk of this pound cake and enjoy!!!!



No comments: