Thursday, July 30, 2015

It's Grill Time!!!!! Beef Tenderloin Kabobs 6/16/13

Easy meal for those who love to grill!  After all the pizza I have made the last few days I was thinking a nice filet would hit the spot.  Filet's were on sale and I managed to get a really nice piece at at reasonable price. Yay!

  My hubby is watching so he doesn't eat a lot of red meat (heart surgery last year) so I rarely make steak.

We often talk about our food favorites and he always loved a nice steak. I wouldn't want him to deprive himself of something he has always enjoyed.  I think it's moderation and we do try to cut back on red meat.

  I don't know about you but there are some days I am not in the mood for chicken. I need change! This was a welcomed meal..Enjoy!



Below is the recipe I used:

1 lb. beef tenderloin cubed
I small red onion cubed
Sliced zucchini
Salt
Pepper
Grilling medium until center of beef is pink

Serve with rice and fruit


Happy Grilling!!



M.J.
 










Beef Skewers or Kabobs ( Another Suggestion)

1 lb. beef tenderloin
8 oz. whole fresh mushrooms
1 cup zucchini cut in large pieces
2 T. olive oil


 Peanut sauce for Beef
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
2 T. soy sauce
1 tsp. rice vinegar
½ cumin
¼ pepper
1/4 cup water

 


Thread skewers.  Steak, mushroom, zucchini etc.  Brush with olive oil.  Broil or grill until desired medium center. Note:  I used red onion, steak and zucchini

Season with salt and pepper.  Grill to medium (slight pink in center) or to your desired temperature. 

Serve with Peanut Sauce if desired.
6/16/13
7/30/15

No comments: