Saturday, February 21, 2015

Strawberry Peach Cobbler

I'm been known not to waste a bit of most anything as long as it looks and smells OK so today I had several peaches I bought a month ago that looked very healthy in my frige so along with some fresh strawberries I had bought two days ago I decided to make a cobbler.

Now you don't usually make cobbler with beautiful gorgeous fruit because it is not necessary but the peaches were about a month old and they looked great (bought them here in Florida) so adding them to some fresh Florida Strawberries I had sliced I decided to stay in and bake something I knew my hubby would really like.  No trip to the grocery store was needed as I had a box of Bisquick, butter, sugar, eggs and milk and those fruits so an easy cobbler was put together.



Quite honestly I didn't measure the items to a tee and I added two eggs to the Bisquick along with about 1/2 + cup milk  and a little sugar to the mixture last to make sure the consistency was scoopable because too thin is not a good thing with cobbler topping.  We want it to fluff up and be cakey which it did.  






Don't hesitate to play with ingredients you have handy.  I do all the time and that's called being creative and frugal too.  You really can't go wrong with basic ingredients.

Note: I sliced the fruit and added some sugar to it and let it set for a while before I assembled the cobbler to bring out the juices in the fruits. About 10 minutes.

I  Baked it at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes until browned and bubbly. :)

This is a day where Lent starts in the Catholic religion so we'll have this light dessert and make it a meatless meal day.

I'm thinking steamed cabbage and noodles.  Saute' with onions in butter.  Yum! 



No comments: